We get it. Planning your Big Day is a wonderful chaos.
You’re buried in cake flavours, dress trimmings and flower arrangements, so it’s easy (and understandable) to forget about stationery. That's why we've done the thinking for you, with this handy checklist below. As you browse through, ask yourself – which days do you want to emphasize? Which of these celebratory gestures do your loved ones expect?
Most importantly - which of these cards give you the warm-fuzzies when you picture them adorned with your details in elegant script?
- Engagement Announcements (as per tradition, your parents take charge of this)
- Engagement Party (whoever hosts the party sends the invites)
- Save the Dates (etiquette dictates that you give a three month cushion between Save the Dates and the wedding)
- Bridal Shower (as with an engagement party, the host sends the invitations)
- Bridal Shower Banners (to add that extra touch of elegance)
- Rehearsal dinner (traditionally, the groom’s parents host the event and send the invitations)
- Wedding invitations (can't forget these!)
- RSVP Card (allowing your guests to accept or decline your invitation, and notify you of any extra attendees)
- Accommodations Cards (letting out-of-towners know where they can stay - it may be wise to include local hotel rates and directions.)
- Order of Service (giving guests insight on how the wedding will unfold – for instance, which hymns to sing)
- Table Plan (an alternative to escort/place cards)
- Table Number Cards (identifying table numbers makes it easier for guests to seat themselves)
- Name Cards (as well as helping your guests find their seats, these can compliment your table's design)
- Chair Signs (a fun touch - signs hanging from the bride and groom's chairs)
- Menu (works as a souvenir as well as an appetite-stimulant)
- Favour Tags (one of our specialties at Anista Designs - beautiful tags for your guests' wedding favours)
- Thank you cards (it's customary for gracious hosts to thank guests individually for their gifts and their presence)
- Announcement Cards (notifying those not invited to your wedding of your marriage)